Thursday, January 14, 2010

Internship #6: Thursday 1/14

Taking a break from projects for a moment...


Next week, you will need to interview your mentor or a particularly important coworker. In this mentor interview, you are intending to one or all of the following:



1. Learn about this person's life through their stories, experiences and the decisions they made along the way.


2. Begin to understand the path(s) that can lead to personal and professional "success."


3. Establish and deepen a professional and intellectual relationship.



Hopefully, from this experience, you might begin to have better, more or different ideas about your own life beyond high school.


In this blog post, write about what you would like to learn when you interview your mentor. Post the big ideas and main topics you want to discuss and why they are important to you.


I want to learn what it takes to lead to personal and professional "success." I want to find a job that I will love, that will support me financial, and will keep me happy until the end of my days or until I can retire.


Also, discuss when this could take place. Schedule a time and place with your mentor (or coworker) and post that info in your blog, if possible (you will need to know this by early next week). Locate and reserve a computer or other recording device to document this interview.

Location will be at the job site, probably in his office. I can record it on my digital camera and I will discuss with him what date it will be on.

Post all of this info below your writings about your ideas and goals for your interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment