Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Internship #1

I do not know how to transfer photos from my phone onto this document at this time.

Is Arena a recession-proof company?
No, apart from my predictions Arena is not. It is run off stock bought by employees and other businessmen and stock owners. This is definitely not a recession-proof system. No money from stocks, no money for Arena.

I woke up at around 7:30 am. I actually ate breakfast for once and waited for my ride to work. My mentor picked me up and drove me to work because he does not live far away. The trip took roughly half an hour, this will change based on traffic and red light run-ins on Miramar road. When we first got to the office and throughout the day, I met everyone who I will see on a day-to-day basis. I met my mentor's coworkers, some of the chemist and bio-chemists, managers and so forth. I work at a desk in one of the either buildings owned by Arena. I work in building G, or the EH&S and Quality building. The surrounding area is very nice. We can see the cemetery from the back view on the hill, and the surrounding area and buildings are not as bad as one might imagine. I visited all the labs and saw first hand what the chemists see daily. On my next visit, I will see inside the large scale plant and view all of the production on a large scale compared to lab scale. I am indeed excited to work here, I feel this is a great opportunity to decide whether this is a career for me, or if I'm not cut out for biotechnology.

No comments:

Post a Comment