Thursday, July 1, 2010

Semester Reflection Part 2: Thursday, June 17th

Choose at least four (4) of the following and answer them in depth. I will quote from your answers in your report card comments, so please take time to edit & revise your writing, ensuring that it is ready for public consumption. For each answer, be sure to use specific evidence & examples.
  • Explain how your thinking about American history and/or culture has developed over the course of the year. Include examples of particular people, places, events and/or ideas that influenced your thinking.
  • What is the greatest challenge facing your generation? What will be necessary to address it?
  • What is the greatest contribution you and/or your generation are in the process of making to America and/or American culture?
  • Describe your vision for yourself in pursuing higher education.
  • What in the world do you care about and what are you doing about it?
  • What is a quality in a classmate that you would like to develop in yourself?
  • What four-year college/s are you interested in and why?
  • Beyond grades, what motivates you to work hard at school?

This blog post is due at 11:59:59pm on Friday, June 18. All students will receive up to a possible 20/20 for complete & excellent writing.


My vision for future education is to attend Mesa College and/or Grossmont College, and pick classes that seem interesting. I am not going to hold back my initial interests. I want to see what I am good at and what I am honestly interested in doing for the rest of my life.

I am Not interested in four year colleges. My plan is community college to get my Bachelor's and than decide to follow whatever my major is. If that course needs me to attend further education, than I will do so.

I care about Earth's beauty. I have reduced by carbon footprint by walking and riding bikes or finding other forms of transportation instead of a motor vehicle. I have reduced my plastic use, and if I must, use plastic as many times as I can (while being sanitary) before I discard of it.

I seek knowledge. I seek the information of the past. Grades are important, yes. But I would much rather learn about what ordinary people like me did centuries ago, and the people before them, and so on and so forth. The ideas, and histories of man are much more interesting than a letter grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment