Thursday, July 1, 2010

Semester Reflection Part 1: Wednesday, June 16th

Choose at least three (3) of the following and answer them in depth. I will quote from your answers in your report card comments, so please take time to edit & revise your writing, ensuring that it is ready for public consumption. For each answer, be sure to use specific evidence & examples.

  • What have you learned about the way you learn, work, and/or collaborate?
  • What project was most valuable to you, and what have you gained from it?
  • Describe in detail one significant academic challenge you faced this year. Why was it a challenge for you? Go in depth, use specific experiences, and explain how they contrast with a less challenging experience.
  • Describe one valuable mistake you made this year.
  • What is your greatest strength as a student in a project-based learning environment?
  • What challenges do you face as a student in a project-based learning environment?
This blog post is due at 11:59:59pm on Thursday, June 17. all students will receive up to a possible 20/20 for complete & excellent writing.


I have learned that I tend to slack off quite a bit. I tend to let things pile up, become overwhelmed, and don't turn things in. Leading to a lack of confidence and self esteem. Making the matter worse.

I personally think that Ampersand was a huge project improvement for me. I made multiple drafts and changed my article idea almost as many times as I made drafts. It made me realize I need to think of a prompt and stick to it. I also realized that I need to put forth more effort into my drafts and pieces. I tend to slack off and just let things go unrevised. That is something that I realized during this project, and I believe my writing improved because of it.

I face quite a number of challenges as a student in a project-based learning environment. I am not used to it even after 3 years. I was raised and taught on a private school system, and I believe it was embedded into my brain. I am quite good at packets and "normal" school work. I enjoy reading in class and working hard on such tasks, But the social aspect of the project-based learning environment tends to make me slack off more than I normally would. I tend to talk more than I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment